Condoms are 98% effective at preventing pregnancy when used correctly and consistently. However, most people don’t use it perfectly every time. So the folks at Bedsider have created a fun two and a half minute video made specifically for young men about condoms and condom use.
We think it’s a great video because it focuses on pleasure and reviews facts about condom size (something often overlooked in sex education). And this vidoe skips the fear-based messages entirely. We know that scaring people doesn’t prevent unwanted sexual outcomes. Instead we want to educate folks into doing it safely and enjoyably!
Here is an honest and hilarious guy’s guide to condoms:
- Condoms are the only contraceptive that protects against both STIs and accidental pregnancy.
- With correct and consistent use, condoms are 98% effective.
- Don’t store condoms in your wallet. See how to correctly care for condoms here.
- Always leave room at the tip of the condom. Pinch it with your fingers to keep air from getting trapped.
- If you don’t like the condom you used, simply try a different one. Not all condoms are made equal. There is a variety of condom sizes and types. Read this guide to finding the right condom for you.
Note: If you want to skip all the creative condom euphemisms, just skip to 0:45 seconds and get straight to the point.
This video was originally published on Bedsider.
BY BEDSIDER | Bedsider.org
Guy Nottadadi has a few key points you’ll want to hear about your best bro, the condom (a.k.a. sleave it to beaver, groin cloth, rain jacket, love glove, etc).
BEDSIDER is an online birth control support network for women operated by The National Campaign to Prevent Teen & Unplanned Pregnancy. Bedsider is totally independent (no pharmaceutical or government involvement). Honest and unbiased, Bedsider’s goal is to help women find the method of birth control that’s right for them and learn how to use it consistently and effectively, and that’s it.
Find Bedsider on twitter @Bedsider