Many people do not think about protection when it comes to oral sex mostly because pregnancy is not an risk. However, STI transmission is a very real risk during oral play. Sex dams (also known as “dental dams”) are the best oral sex protection method available but they tend to be fairly expensive and not widely available. But not to worry! There is an extremely cheap and effective alternative if you don’t have access to a commercial sex dam.
In this video from Oh Megan you’ll learn:
- Commercial dental dams are pieces of latex (non-latex is very hard to find).
- They can be purchased at adult stores, sex store, online and sometimes for free at sexual health clinics and from a doctor.
- Dental dams are to be used for oral-vaginal or oral-anal contact.
- Dental dams stop the transmission of bodily fluids.
- In march 2010 the CDC stated that saran wrap can be used for the prevention of sexual transmitted infections and the FDA, in 1993, found that saran wrap (the brand) could be an effective barrier to viral size particles.
This video is originally posted here
BY MEGAN ANDELLOUX | ohMegan.com
MEGAN ANDELLOUX is a Clinical Sexologist and certified Sexuality Educator, listed on Wikipedia as one of the top sexuality educators in America, her innovative education programs, writing, social media presence, and ambitious speaking schedule has made her one of America’s most recognized and sought-after experts in the growing field of sexual pleasure, health, and politics.
Follow Megan on twitter @HiOhMegan